After much anticipation from the Ops Mgr community, Microsoft has made System Center Operations Manager SP1 RTM available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ede38d83-32d1-46fb-8b6d-78fa1dcb3e85&DisplayLang=en.
What's new (Source: What's New in Ops Mgr 2007 SP1)
Operations Manager 2007 SP1 addresses critical customer-initiated issues, including improved deployment, performance, reporting, and enhanced support.
Highlighting some of the key new features and enhancements:
- New capability to export Operations Manager 2007 diagrams to Microsoft Visio VDX file format.
- New ability to publish reports to multiple locations, such as Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Web sites.
- Improved performance and reliability across the product, such as when working with alerts, overrides, and searches.
- Enhanced "advanced search" by improved the ability to search across monitors and rules by their overrides.
- Simplifying the creation of new management packs by allowing users to copy views from existing management packs to an unsealed management pack.
- New ability view performance data through the Operations Manager Web console, and setup filters for desired performance counters to ease searching and navigation.
- New discoveries and views added to the Audit Collection Services (ACS), along with new monitors and alerts to track the health of ACS collectors.
- Enhanced backup and recovery with the introduction of an easier-to-use Secure Storage Backup Wizard.