It was brought to my attention this morning that the upgrade documentation shipped with SP1 RTM failed to call out a change in the upgrade method of SP1 RC agents (6246) to SP1 RTM (6278). An update to the upgrade guide and release notes are pending, but below is the proper procedure to follow if you are upgrading from RC to RTM – do NOT use the approval method from pending management.
To upgrade agents from Operations Manager 2007 SP1 RC (build 6246) to Operations Manager 2007 SP1 (build 6278) using the Operations Console
1. Log on to the computer hosting the Operations Console with an account that is a member of the Operations Manager Administrators role for the Operations Manager 2007 management group.
2. In the Operations Console, click Administration.
When you run the Operations Console on a computer that is not a management server, the Connect To Server dialog box appears. In the Server name text box, type the name of the Operations Manager 2007 management server to which you want to connect.
3. In the Administration pane, expand Device Management, and then click Agent Managed.
4. In the Agent Managed pane, select the agents that are listed as version 6.0.6246.0, right-click them, and then select Repair.
5. In the Repair Agents dialog box, select the appropriate agent action account, and then click Repair.