Source: Secure Vantage Team Blog
Thanks to the guys at SVT for this!
How to remove Management Packs with references to unsealed MPs?
For the most part removing Management Packs (MP) is a quick administrative process done in the OpsMgr console, which is as follows:
1. In the OpsMgr Console
2. Administration -> Management Packs
3. For each XXXX MP -> Right Click -> Delete
However occasionally we have seen issues were people have setup references to other unsealed MPs and it can be time consuming to remove all the override references and you don't want to delete the entire Management Pack. We have released a tool that you can use to remove override references from the MP you are trying to remove. Please note this is a utility resource for general community use, we'd be glad to answer any questions or get feedback on improvements but this is not a supported solution.
Steps to delete an MP when you can't due to override references in unsealed MPs.
1. Download the InstallTool.exe provided by Secure Vantage Technologies
2. Run the InstallTool.exe -ea (Backs up all unsealed MP to C:\Program Files\System Center Management packs\MP Backsup\<MMDDYY>\* )
3. Run the InstallTool.exe -rr SecureVantage.Security (this example removes all references to Secure Vantage MPs from unsealed MPs, must use prefix of MP ID)
4. Review the log file created for details on next steps
Once the overrides are removed you are still be required to manually remove the MP manifest reference by editing the XML directly.
5. Export the Management Pack in question and open the file in a text editor
6. You will need to remove any reference in the manifest, here is an example of what you will be removing in the case of Secure Vantage MPs.
7. Save the file and import into OpsMgr