Microsoft released the SMS 2003 MP for Operations Manager 2007 on 5/9/2007. It may be downloaded here.
• Detects all SMS 2003 server computers and site systems.
• Monitors the starting and stopping of all SMS 2003 services, including critical dependent services such as Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Internet Information Server (IIS), and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Provides alerts for SMS service stops, service failures, performance thresholds, status messages, and site system status.
• Presents the state of all roles and computers in the SMS 2003 environment.
• Provides a topology diagram that displays site, site server and site system relationships along with health status.
• Monitors processing rates.
• Monitors backlogs of discovery data records (DDRs), software inventory, hardware inventory, status messages, and software metering on both primary site servers and management points.
• Monitors core system resource usage.
• Includes tasks that enable users of the Operations Manager Operations Console to diagnose and resolve problems on remote computers through the use of SMS Administrator Console.
• Configuration, availability and performance reports. Monitors the performance trends of many SMS performance counters.